Archive for June 2012

SERENE LAKES JUST STEPS FROM YOUR DOOR!   Leave a comment

ImageImageLooking for a beautiful custom home in a land of Alpine splendor just a short stroll from two beautiful lakes? Here you go. The 3000 +- square foot home has three bedrooms plus a family room or 4th sleeping area and a large two car garage. There is a floor to ceiling rock hearth, magnificent great room, refinished wood floors, log staircase, and spacious front deck to entertain or soak up the sunshine and the views. Royal Gorge and Sugar Bowl are close by, as is the Pacific Crest Trail, Donner Summit and Donner Lake. This lovely retreat is available for $1,199,000.

Advertisements

Just the facts mam…Some interesting stats about our little Town of Truckee.   Leave a comment

Did you know that?

White Collar Town:

Only 17% of Truckee’s population works in “Blue Collar” occupations, with construction being by far the biggest contributor, while “White Collar” occupations such as management, business, professional and sales accounted for the remaining 83% of the work force.

It’s about 50/50:

46.8% of the housing units in Truckee are second homes, with about 49% occupied either by homeowners or renters, and the remaining few percent homes in transition or on the market for rent or sale but not occupied.

The average rent in Truckee for a three bedroom, two bath house with a two car garage is $1400-1500 per month.

Well educated:

Of the over 25 year old population in Truckee over 75% have been to college and 43.5% have obtained either a Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Only 5.5% have not obtained a high school diploma.

Average household income is $82,837 and the median income is $67,750. The median age is 38.

For the population above 15 years old. 30% have never been married, 57% are married, 2.7% are widowed and 10.3% are divorced.

Summary: In comparison to the rest of the United States, Truckee has a well educated, fairly young, fairly affluent, mostly white collar population.  And I’m guessing better skiers as well.

ImageWant to find out more? Here is the link to the Town of Truckee’s Fact page.

http://www.truckee.com/blasts_may_12/may_10_30/TDCCFactFlyer.pdf

 

YOUR FRIEND IN HIGH PLACES

Lynn Richardson . Coldwell Banker Real Estate . Lake Tahoe & Truckee

Lifestyles of the Kitchen Famous

Kitchens . Baths . Interiors . Design . By Michelle Portesi

The Weekly Online

Lake Tahoe's Complete Events, Entertainment, Recreation, Dining, Art guide

Tahoe Truckee Outdoor

Lynn Richardson . Coldwell Banker Real Estate . Lake Tahoe & Truckee

Outside Inn

Lynn Richardson . Coldwell Banker Real Estate . Lake Tahoe & Truckee

Much Ado with Nothing

Lynn Richardson . Coldwell Banker Real Estate . Lake Tahoe & Truckee

eatpicks.com

Lynn Richardson . Coldwell Banker Real Estate . Lake Tahoe & Truckee

Nevada County Escapes

Lynn Richardson . Coldwell Banker Real Estate . Lake Tahoe & Truckee

%d bloggers like this: